Literary Excursions

Monday, June 12, 2006

Life of Pi

PART 1:
I saw this book on our kitchen table just before I left Japan and I asked Aaron about it. He told me the story and told me it was an amazing read, and since I highly respect his views on great books, when I saw it in Angus & Robertson's Top 100 List and also in the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" book, I thought I had to buy it, so I ordered it. I particularly love the authors note at the beginning of the book...It's very interesting.

So far the book is excellent, really well written and superbly described. I'm sitting on a 5 of 5 at the moment.

I love the smell of the paper also in the Amazon American Print, smells like the bible pages...I wonder if that was done on purpose. hmmm.

PART 2:
Okay, so it's finally finished! And what a feat that was! So many people were annoying me today at work while I was trying to finish and since there's a kinda twist in the end, I really wanted to finish it, yet the fuck-wits at work wouldn't let this happen, cause they're complete morons.

Anyway, besides the point, the book was fantastic! I really loved every little bit of it, from the descriptions to the circumstances Pi was placed in, to the relationship he built with Richard Parker (ie the Bengal Tiger). I particularly loved the island that they reached just before the end of the book. Awesome, and you know what? I believe the first story, the original. Not the second more plausible story.

Result: 5 of 5 for this one, cause it was so INTERESTING!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home