Literary Excursions

Monday, June 12, 2006

BOOKS ARE LIFE

It's strange how a book can alter your mood, shift it within seconds and lose you in a world other than the one you are actually in.

I decided to create this part of my blog because I've always wanted to talk to people about the books I've read, but usually never get a chance too, either because they haven't read them or they read them ages ago and have forgotten their details. So many times I have tried to get both of my siblings, who are constantly around me to read books I have read, knowing that I will not have to wait for them to buy the book or borrow it since we are in the same household, or concern myself with the next meeting in order to discuss once it is read, but their personalities restrict them in doing so. Thus leaving me with a feeling of excitement, that I cannot share with someone.

It is therefore the purpose of this section of my blog to be able to express my views and ideas on the books that I have read for family members and friends, rather than posting them up on a general book review website amongst thousands of reviews. This is my own little personal excursion... And it allows me to keep track of what I have read.

The curious thing is that I never could read a book in its entirety in my younger days. I remember the first book I ever read completely was 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton and only because we had to in Year 9 and I enjoyed it also. I have many friends who at that age had already read numerous books more arduous in literary complexity. Books that I have only just started to read.

Many people say that you feel smarter when you read books and I would have to agree with this. Not only do you stimulate brain function, but you learn about different things, increase your vocabulary, are momentarily taken to another plane of existence on another literary excursion.

Knowledge is Power

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home