Literary Excursions

Monday, June 12, 2006

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Okay, so here is Haruki Murakami's so called best book. Don't get me wrong! It's an amazing book with an amazing story. I just guess it was hyped up too much for me. It was an interesting read. Very long, but entertaining never the less. I didn't know what to expect from this book, except that it was really warped from what people told me, and I see now how they meant, but not so much that there's a big difference from Murakami's other books.

This book along with Kafka on the shore are 2 of 3 books that are actually listed in the "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" book. A true achievement considering they don't usually place more than 1 book from the same author, especially in the time in which these books were written. If you're looking for a strange book to read, read this! I await comments before I can elaborate on any of these posts.

Result 4 of 5. Read it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home